VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I honestly don't get why these reviewers are making a big deal out of the parts coming form the G80/2. Have they been living under a F'n rock for the past several years? I want to shake them and say ...

<rant>
Hello, where the F do you think the parts came from for the last F87 M2C? The entire powertrain, bracing, cooling, exhaust, suspension, etc. were all lifted from the F80/2 and used on the F87. All they did was retune them, just like they are doing with the G87. Same shit, different day.
</rant>

OK, I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
I wonder where these people have lived until now, maybe they have been frozen for the last 50 years.
There is one shared platform between the G2x and the G42, they are basically the same car only with a shorter wheelbase for the G42 and some minor changes, and of course these minor changes apply to the M's as well. Exactly the same as we had with E82/E92 and F8x/F87, but for some reason it seems to be a huge problem only now with Gxx cars.
But how on earth did anyone expect big changes between the M3/4 and M2, starting from the same platform? Perhaps they expected a 2-seat mid-engine with a high-speed NA engine?
Instead of being happy to still have a pure rear-wheel drive car with MT gearbox, without electrification, mild-hybrid, 4WD or other crap, they are still complaining about something that could not be possible to achieve nowadays.
They could have made a GT4RS-like car with the Bmw logo, and someone would still have complained.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17566.50