KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Destroys the old F22 M235i/240i.

Weight is a number on a spec sheet; CLAR cars are known for masking the subjective feeling of weight while delivering superior real-world measurable performance. CLAR cars punch above their weight class (or is it below?).

Yes, the old car's lighter - it's also nearly decade-old chassis tech. I bet you could've told some people after a test drive that the G42 is lighter than the F22 and they'd easily believe it.

F-generation cars were not known for excellent steering feel by any means. The steering on this car is noticeably sharper than the F22's.

Everyone who drives a G42 immediately compares it to the M2 Comp; this car overdelivers for its price point and positioning in the product lineup.

The only thing stopping this car from being a universal instant classic is the lack of manual transmission option. Even with that knock against it, this is still going to end up an enthusiast favorite. It's just a fantastic package all around.

The 230i will also surprise some people. I drove an M-Sport a few weeks ago and loved it, surprising level of fun factor. RWD + less weight + CLAR = two thumbs up.
Nevertheless, still totally confused how everybody is seeing MT as pre-condition for a real engaging drivers car. We never had such a good, smart, smooth and fast ZF8 transmission which rendered our own 6MT shifts totally void and irrelevant. And still, everybody is craving for a MT?? I'am totally confused, really.
Appreciate 2
redcars102.00
02M3ForMe4264.50