01-09-2022, 10:25 AM   #42
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
I put the AutoTecknic Carbon fiber seat backs on my M3, they are technically stick on parts but I think they look great. Looking back and the AliExpress stuff, it appears to be similar to the AutoTecknic. (Though the whole kit for the M240i is less than the 2 seat backs for the M3 so not sure if that spells cheaper build quality)

If that's the case, then I am really tempted to try the AliExpress, or at least order it and set it on all the areas before sticking it on to see how it looks, and then return if the quality is bad. I guess I should have not wasted the $150 on the standard trim haha.

I would likely not use the shifter piece though, I'd love to fine a conversion to the leather shifter like in my M3.
Those seat backs look great. I rolled the dice on the aliexpress ones carbon trim from earlier in this thread. I had a gift card so I took the chance. I much prefer the wet interior and the m3 parts were way more than the m performance dry.

I want it to match the M performance carbon front lip, carbon spoiler and carbon door sills that I have on order.

If it's crappy I'll suck it up and go the m3 interior route.

Parts are waiting to clear US customs. So soon!
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL

Last edited by Vudumonkey25; 01-09-2022 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 1