09-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #48
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
So much carryover between parts now from the drivers seat you could easily think you were in the 3 series. I consider that a good thing, as the previous 2 definitely felt lower rent. The previous 2 series HK sound system was absolute garbage, interesting to see if they carried over parts from the 3 this time.

Very curious about NVH levels, the current 3 is excellent in this department and very quiet on a cruise. If you need a small fun daily this could be a great option, although for many use cases the m340i seems like the better option.
I'm going to guess NVH will be a good bit better than the previous generation. This car is built on a new platform so it'll be good. Probably not quite as quiet as the 3 Series, but still better than the previous 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
Finally a good design coming out of Munich I'm sure it looks even better in person
It DOES. I saw a couple in varying levels of camo coverage and they're certainly really good in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
Why BMW doesn't make cars that looks good "in photos " anymore?
People keep saying yeah wait to see them in person.
I didn't need to wait to see E46 or a m6gc "in person " to find they're good looking cars.
Good point, but when you first saw an E46 M3 or an M6 Gran Coupe in person, were they not considerably better looking than in pictures?
In my experience and with all the cars I've seen in my life, the majority of the best-looking cars only look that good in pictures. There's a huge difference between what you see in even 100 pictures versus spending 5 minutes walking around a car. I'm not saying this is one of the best-looking cars in history, but rather that having to see a car in person to truly understand and appreciate its design isn't a bad thing.
Appreciate 1