View Single Post
      03-17-2023, 10:16 AM   #16
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Only issue with chrome/silver/stainless is that get dirty (especially on motors such as this) easier and can easily discolor. My Audi aftermarket tips (Billy Boat), even with washing 3x per month on average, are discolored and I have had the burnt tips (blue coloration) on another car that discolored. Don't know if titanium will discolor.

I have never had an issue. If they were properly maintained, they continue will to give their factory appearance. Any carbon buildup is easily removable via various products and a little bit of elbow grease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
If that's the case and I were in your shoes I would not get the shadowline package. You'd be paying $300 for it and then another $240 to replace the tips for a total of $540 just to have the slightly different styled headlights without any difference to its functionality.

As stated, it is for a less expensive than swapping out the headlights to accomplish what I desire, Shadowline headlights with chrome exhaust tips. The reality is it is peanuts in comparison to the overall cost of the vehicle. I always get a good chuckle when people gripe over several hundred dollars yet they are spending $70k+. Also, keep in mind that I get those chrome exhaust tips from my parts department at employee pricing.

Last edited by T_U_D; 03-17-2023 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0