Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouchh View Post
Big disappointment on the delayed buckets and having to buy a $10k package to get them. Puts the car at nearly $80k and loses most of the bargain appeal. Also loses the appeal of having one of the first G87s since I don't want it with sports seats.

Will probably be canceling my order.
Yeah, edging 80k is a bit much when the previous generation CS model was just a smidgen more. Makes me ponder if the Competition version will top in low 80's and a future CS version will be over 90k. Things are out of hand and no longer have to do with inflation. It's just corporate greed. Reconsidering my purchase too.

I can get a low mile certified pre-owned Porsche GTS or a lightly spec 911 Carrera for 80k. Crazy. Yeah, to force people to buy the Carbon Package to spec Carbon Seats is bullshit. Instead of spending $4500, I need to fork over twice for a package that includes a class and limiter increase not worth $2,500; at least not for me.
Just more proof that 90% of the people here buy BMWs cause they can't afford Porsches, not cause they actually want the BMWs.
Appreciate 2