02-01-2023, 12:26 PM   #153
kmh4321
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 F22 M240i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
I watched a couple videos this morning on performance parts. One from a reviewer at Essen show and one from BMWBlog with M2 Product Manager. In each video it was mentioned that certain performance parts can only be bought with others.

The one that really caught my attention was the M2 Product Manager stated explicitly that the rear wing must be purchased with the diffuser.

They also mentioned that the front wing and canard has to be paired with the rear canard/side skirt.

If you want the roof spoiler, you have to have the rear spoiler. And if you get the rear spoiler, you definitely need a diffuser change. Since I wanted the roof spoiler, I'm going to need to plunk down some serious dough.

PSA here - a la carte options are limited to interior items.
I saw the same video but I believe the product manager said you have to pair the MPerf exhaust with the diffuser since the MPerf exhaust design is different (center exhaust) which makes sense. I didn't get the sense that you _had_ to buy them in bundles except the exhaust + diffuser. Atleast from that video.
But then again the carbon pack in the US configurator forcing you to spend $2k on MDrivers pack is evidence that they can still end up doing something similar for the MPerformance parts...
Appreciate 0