View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 11:44 AM   #139
evdoho
Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3, VW Arteon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHCT View Post
It gets frustrating, right? Usually that BMW blog is pretty accurate. BMW leaks stuff every now & again. If I get a 2024 & they change the bumper design, I'll be HOT! That's my least favorite bit of the G87, followed by those squares on the rear bumper.

Maybe BMW is concerned folks won't order 2024s if they say too much about the 2025? They say it'll be a full LCI, maybe more folks wait. I know I would.

I did watch the BMWBlog video on youtube. He asked why no forged wheels on the M2. They said to keep the price down since the 2 series is the entry. Folks that want the forged wheels can get them later. I didn't like that answer, but I get it. My spec is over 70K with the HAS port installed. I never thought I'd buy a 70K car, ever.
That logic makes sense about keeping the changes quiet so they don’t upset the demand for the 2024, but the problem is most M2 buyers are enthusiasts and know that changes are coming anyway, at least in my area.

We only have one more 2024 M2 on the waitlist at my store, everyone else on the list has requested a 2025 now, so it looks like we’re going to get a couple of allocations that aren’t spoken for prior to the MY change.

If BMW NA rolls out a Center Employee discount on the 2024’s for Q2 then I might be tempted to jump on it rather than wait for the 2025, we’ll see in a couple weeks!
Appreciate 1
MASHCT673.00