Hpirx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240 xDrive, BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpirx View Post
Mine has been in "production begins" for a couple of days. How does BMW determine when they start actual production? All of the same model? Same color for the paint booth?
By order date? Dice roll? Just curious.
IDK why/what, but the "when" of it is about 9-14 days languishing in this step of Production Begins. At least from what I could garner from the other orders and mine. Who knows, the log jam I sat in broke and maybe all move to being built sooner. You'll probably not see some of the initial assembly steps (exterior panels and paint), but she'll be there soon...just not soon enough, huh?
I've never ordered a car built to my specs before. I always thought it would take at least 6 months to a year. ( Not jinxing myself &#129310.
This process seems pretty quick despite my day to day impatience. I think it's gonna feel pretty fantastic when it arrives. I turned in my 19' 240 lease already, so I'm driving my wife's Mazda CX30 in the interim. Not a bad little CUV, certainly more entertaining than her Honda HRV 😩, but I will be sooo ready for a real driver's car!