View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 11:22 AM   #10
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550i

We test drove 2019-2020 previous gen Macan many years ago. Immediately crossed it out as the ride quality was horrible, especially for rear seat passengers. You feel like you were sitting directly on the rear springs.

The new ones have great road presence actually. Nothing beats a Porsche when it comes to driving dynamics just like nothing beats a BMW when it comes to price & power/tech.

My biggest concern if I was the OP would be maintenance cost. Porsche is surprisingly reliable but you do have to keep an eye on service fees. I had my 535i in for firmware update a few years back, 250-260 Ezpz. My M550i had a little glitch with navigation stuck loading & XM not showing channels, they said 600-700 for reprogramming, if it stays overnight, it's potentially closer to 1k. CRAZY! My windshield cracked, they quoted 3k with 1600 or so for parts!!! All BMW dealers sub glass work out to closeby glass shops. I shopped around and ended up finding out OEM glass dealer-dealer price is $1200, labor is around $200 and recalibration fee is $200 or so. So dealer basically pockets $1400 for doing absolutely nothing. Many of us have businesses here too but that's some cut-throat stuffs they are doing. Let that sink in and imagine how your Porsche bills could potentially be.
Appreciate 2