11-26-2023, 10:36 PM   #18
gcmak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 & IS500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Cylinders View Post
read numerous blog entries on brake dust and squeals... I've got plenty of dust but zero squeal..(guess I'm lucky) but I want more 'bite' feel... I got a recommendation from Girodisc about set of pads from
Counter Space Garage.. in 'Spec CP Performance'...I have not seen these pads mentioned in any previous post... Has anymore tried a set of these pads ?.....
I've run CSG CP pads in a GR Supra, GR86 and G87. I keep them on the car for road and track. The change you'll notice is its less 'grabby' than stock - which I prefer to make driving in city and traffic smoother/easier to modulate. The one thing is that in the cold mornings or just on the initial first stops, the friction is less, so you will need to apply more pedal pressure, but after a few stops they're very natural.

The dust is easier clean than the oem brembos, they are mildly less dusty and the dust is less noticeable. They're not low dust ceramic pads. After a track day I may have some brake noise just as it comes to a stop - depending on how the day went and which track I went to - but driven on the streets, it quiets down again. With the high heat capacity of the brakes in the G87, these hybrid pads hold up well. On the GR cars, I would need to manage the brakes a bit, but they don't give up...they can just smear if overheated - which isn't ideal...but really no other hybrid pad on the market takes this much abuse and still lasts a very long time.
Appreciate 0