03-18-2024, 06:56 PM   #343
PNTDG42
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Yep. Mine is a November 22, 2023 build and it has it. It doesn’t look like there ever was any part revision that fixes anything. I don’t recall if anyone actually confirmed the right rear strut was unique or not (but that just seems kind of strange design to me if it was).

If the right rear strut is a unique part and completely different from the other three, then it’s possible it is the problem. But if it’s not a unique part then It’s very unlikely that every single defective one just happens to always be installed in the right rear.
Its not uncommon for L/R shocks, especially in EDFC cars, to be different assemblies. Although of course, the design should theoritcally be identical other than bits of it being a mirrored image.

But ya I just checked the microfiche and I actually see no evidence in here myself of the shocks even having a different part number left/right in this car. So that does pretty much throw out the shocks being related since everyone only hears this coming from the right side of the car.

FWIW, the M2 does have different L/R rear shocks. But it also seems to share virtually nothing in the rear suspension. The crossmember and spindles and you name it are all a different design.

Last edited by PNTDG42; 03-18-2024 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0