03-27-2024, 03:08 PM   #346
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Looking at the pics that were posted in the other thread about the exhaust being installed…how close is the pipe to whatever that is covered by the heat shield. From this angle it looks close enough that it might hit it the exhaust were moving horizontally. Probably grasping at straws lol
When I changed my exhaust I looked for any wear back there in that area, didnt see anything on the car or the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamazze View Post
For the record, I dropped my car off at BMW on Monday for two days and picked it up on Tuesday evening.

I had a noise on the right rear side of the car, it was loud, it was systematic, and not especially on bumps, just a small difference in level was enough to cause the "thump".

The right rear spring (or is it shock absorber, sorry English is not my mother tongue) was replaced because it was faulty. I'm not able to give the reference of anything because they didn't provide it to me.
I don't want to rejoice too quickly, but clearly that systematic thump has disappeared.

I say systematic because I still hear it, but much less loud and only on very bumpy roads.

Moral of the story: it's hard to compare two situations, but if you have the problem, go to the dealership, insist that it's the right rear spring and maybe that'll help.
These guys above are probably pretty close saying its something with the top mount, many of us have done aftermarket springs and still have the thump.
Appreciate 0