Thread: windshield
View Single Post
      12-31-2021, 07:38 PM   #8
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

I have 2 experiences of this kind in the past:

1) if you touch your windshiled from outside do yo notice something in your fingers when moving them alongside it?

If you notice something, sometimes it can be sap from trees. There are trees that simply let go micro-drops of sap and it can be super disgusting. they are not big drops, but micro micro drops.

2) Another thing i noticed is when i got re-painted a car i had, happened that they of course covered all non-paintable things when the painted it BUT of course the car was not covered when someone sprayed a piece of other car "near" the car, instead of putting it inside the painting cabin.

That made that micro-drops fly to my windshield. So basically i could se them when driving against the sun, supermicro ones, but they were there... they had to "polish" my windshield to remove them. disgusting.

===

Finally, a tip, but this is not something i lived but something i heard. Removing the windshield and replacing it is something that if you can, avoid it, seems that the glass of the windshield provides a nice % of the structure rigidity of the whole car, i think i read something like it's like 15%. Of course replacing it won't make that 15% dissapear, you'll have a new one, but since sometimes people do bad works, i would prefer not to play with something that if bad replaced can be a cause of new problems if it is not properly placed/sealed.

But as i say, this is more something i heard than anything else.

Hope you can find the root cause of your problem!
Appreciate 1
DSTR1241.00