Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I guess that's a matter of perspective, 'cause I see like 68 pages of whining and moaning over trivial nonsense..

Now that complaints about the lack of physical buttons is subsiding, I bet that the next grievance is on the appearance of the rear floating brake calipers or I might hedge on lack of an AWD or DCT option.

It's coming and this bus is never late.. ��
I was also surprised at the several pages of discussion over iDrive 8. I will miss all the physical controls just as much as the next person, but the infotainment system is not why I'm interested in the G87. I will however say that I am disappointed that they cheeped out on the rear brakes with shitty and heavy iron floating calipers. Even though it's painted to match the front calipers you can still see the underlying texture from sand casting and they add extra unsprung weight. I was shocked when I first saw them on the M3/4. Even my M Performance (which is not an M car) daily driver has fixed aluminum rear calipers from factory. Damn those bean counters.
The large screen/ minimum buttons is not the end of the world, it's the wave of the future. Even Mercedes is offering something similar on their 2023 CLS, albeit, better integrated. So, It is what it is, no point in crying over spilled milk.

And you're 100% correct they cheap out the rear floating brakes. This dude below stated so not in many words.. Yea another comprise we're forced to embrace.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Tag18400.00