07-14-2021, 09:57 AM   #787
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_Clevername View Post
Why are they spending dev cycles and $ on a wrap around screen in an M car when they need to just get the steering right? Just get the fundamentals right and don't make the car heavier. The steering weight in my LCI M2 is atrocious. Zero relationship between tire load and weight/resistance in sport modes. It's like an arcade game from the late 1990s.

All this reliance on screens and tech to deliver a "value proposition" only means the car has less of a value proposition in 2-3 years and they need to do more work to keep up with this for a mid-cycle refresh. And these systems are never better or easier to use than an iPhone, so what's the point? I just use my phone for everything because it's more responsive and doesn't have the weird quirks that even using apple car play introduces. Just make the car be good and leave the other stuff to phones to handle. BMW really have lost touch with what their core identity is, what a shame.
Been saying this for years. Steering/front end feel after the e92 m3 went to shit and it's not the same! That's my 2 cents. Wish BMW can make the M brand different, simple with emotion instead of this tech bullshit that's drives you and not the other way around.
Appreciate 1
m20e30871162.50