View Single Post
      07-20-2022, 12:45 PM   #25
Brumie33
Rep
Drives: BMW m240i

Installation pretty straightforward although time-consuming to find all of the bumper and tail light fasteners. No need to remove the exhaust but the bumper will come off in one piece which includes the fake exhaust surrounds. Insulation took about 3 hours. And as posted in a previous post, the hitch does sit higher than the bottom of the rear valance. So one of two options is necessary. The first of which requires elongating the holes at the bottom of the hitch in order for the receiver to set lower about a quarter of an inch. Or as I did to prevent the integrity of the hitch being compromised, I trimmed the bottom of the bumper. Trunk is completely usable when rack and bike attached. The only thing I need to figure out is how to prevent the proximity warnings from going off in reverse as a result of the rack being present which is a little bit annoying. I will try to take a couple of pictures with the bike attached but unfortunately I did not take any while performing the installation. Happy to answer any further questions that you might have specific when you're doing the installation. Please feel free to reach out to me individually if you would like my cell for texting purposes.
Appreciate 0