View Single Post
      05-08-2023, 01:10 PM   #4
CloudEng
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryo- View Post
they sell skid plates for the oil cooler if you're worried about large debris knocking holes into your oil cooler (though it could still happen even with the plate since it's vented). I probably won't be tracking my car at all, but at least I know I have the higher top speed and an oil cooler lol. the extra price for what you get is not bad at all considering you're paying 55K+ already.

my thought process when I ordered my car was that since I'm buying a relatively "expensive" brand new car, I want all the features and planned my budget accordingly. I'm still bummed out that I couldn't get radar cruise due to the chip shortage.
Completely get that. I think the issue with MY23 is that BMW increased the base price by around $1000 I believe over MY22, so a fully loaded M240i will net you close to 61k. At that point I feel you are losing a bit of the value proposition since you are just shy of a base M2 and you may as well shell out a little bit more for an M2.

For what its worth, you also get the higher top speed limiter if you opt for the performance tires which I was sure to get. You don't have to get ZTK to get the higher top speed.
Appreciate 0