Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
@25:49 James states:
Quote:
..I've got a bigger grin...going on in this car...and it's unquantifiable and it's bullsh*t really ...to be able to call a car 'better' cause of that but.....and blablabla

I think that's one of the (probably) main reasons what made Thomas choose the OG M2. And what made me choose an E46 M3/E90 M3 back in the days and later on the 1M, OG M2 and now M2 Comp (crank hub fix, brakes, 530BHP etc) instead of the more sensible bigger more luxurious non M BMW's .... I guess.

//Ms are about excitement, emotion, enthousiasm, connection to the car, the feel and still being rather practical as a 'daily' car ...it's all very very subjective just what James stated above...

'M lights' as Joe Achilles names them are obviously the more sensible choice. The better daily. But there must be something an //M has which a 'non M' doesn't have, and it isn't straight line speed and more power etcetera.

My worries are the even heavier weight..... and I really have to do my best to find the M240Xi a nice car to look at...sorry for that guys!

Cheers
Robin
M cars have higher grip level as well as other motorsport h/w. No non M model can fit the max rubber of the M car. I'm sure you know this but maybe other folks that debate M vs non-M do not know.

General comment for others:
Whoever is comparing M car to non-M models please take each one on the track and drive 10-20 laps. Then you can discuss performance.

I can tell you one thing - nobody wants 3900lbs on track period. If you don't know why it's related to physics and chemistry.
Appreciate 0