View Single Post
      03-14-2023, 09:18 AM   #65
ronin13013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

M "light"

I hated when BMW started the M "light" thing! They knew that purchasers who wont or cant commit to what a full M car is but want that M status could buy in. That's ok but next thing you know those same people are telling you why full M cars are no longer necessary because they are getting 90% of what an M car is...yeah ok. Keep believing that. I wont even explain the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsmj View Post
Doubtfull, I went throught the same thing with M3/M340 a few a years ago and I have been driving an M340 for 3 years and LOVE the car. The “M light” cars are the perfect Goldilocks cars for me. The only place 99% of people will notice a difference is on the track and I hawill never track it. I am in my mid forties and have small kids I need to put in the back. Also this isnt a lifelong decision. These cars hold thier values very well. If I really like the M2 I can trade it in.

Furthermore the delta between the “M light” models and the full M cars where much bigger back then. BMW has really upped the game on the “M light” cars.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6685.50
SW192457.50