Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I guess we both have varying levels of trust and I'm not saying I'm right, just not yet fully convinced until I see something official but I guess soon enough we'll know for sure..

Either way, I'll probably be able to get a set by then because I received an email today from a Nigerian Prince that told me I'm going be rich!

Gotta love the internet. ��
I can see actual G87s with 48C built in SLP.

Not many relative to the total number built though. Supply chain strikes again?
Thank you replying and I hope you understand it's nothing personal with my doubts, I just have trust issues and a hard time believing that $21,000 seats, even stretched out on a larger economic scale, would end up in an entry-level M car that BMW is supposedly trying to keep within a certain price tier..

Of course this is just opinion and I could be totally wrong..
Why wouldn't they be? The option is +/- $3,000 additional. It's going to be the same way for the G87 (…which will likely come with the standard G8X M seats if you don't option the carbon buckets). The updated M2C came with the same front seats AND motor as the more expensive F8X M3/M4.

P.S. Weren't you one of the non-believers about the new grille being attributed to the G8X?!?
Yes, I was one of those beaver-tooth grill skeptics but you can't equate one to the other and what was the first thing I did when I official realized I was wrong? I humbled myself and gave you your due credit. I'm not just playing devil's advocate here for the sake of it but instead I'm one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" type of folks - it keeps things simple.

I admit, I don't know enough about how exactly a vehicle's MSRP is determined but I do believe you're oversimplifying that example that a "$3,000 option" would reap the same exact cost and return for the manufacture, across every single model tier.

The M2, M4, M5, M8 all have different overall price points, thus, what it cost BMW to offer a specific option on a 60k MSRP M2 is not going to scale down the same as a $140,000 M8.

I'm sure with enough researcher, I would write a thesis on the subject but I hope you get my drift for the sake of expedience.
We are talking 60k M2 and 70k M3/M4….

….and even the carbon fiber buckets in the M8 are the same/similar to what's offered in the M3/M4. BMW has streamlined their process. Again, one only has to look at the F8X and the M2C for an example of the same parts used on vehicles at two different price points.

P.S. The carbon buckets in the GT3 are the same/similar buckets available in a Cayman. Talk about using the same parts across two vastly different price points.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17489.00