View Single Post
      05-02-2022, 07:11 AM   #6
BobHen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M240i

The extra HP is not “needed” in “anyone’s” case. That extra HP is not something that falls under a “need” category. You are either a car enthusiast who appreciates performance cars and what they offer or you are not.

The nice thing about the M240i is that in “comfort mode” it acts like a nice performing coupe. It’s when you put it in "sport mode" that it really comes alive. So, with the M240i, you can have your cake and eat it to.

Now, the 230i will not be a slow car by any account. The BMW 4-cylinder turbo is plenty powerful in its own right and I’m sure it will be a fun car.

I owned a 2019 BMW 330i xdive with BMW’s turbo 4 and it was a fun car with plenty of power. A week ago I took delivery of a 2022 M240i and it is on a different level, “when you want it to be”. There is no getting around it, the M240i is one amazing “performance” car.

No one can decide for you. I know you will be very happy with the 230i as I was very happy with my 330i. However, if you are a “car enthusiast at heart” and you pick the 230i, you too will remain happy – as long as you never drive the M240i.

Good luck with your choice.

Bob
Appreciate 0