08-22-2023, 04:45 PM   #31
VehicleVirals
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicanery View Post
Update

Crankshaft damper was not the issue. After having to go to the dealership since my CA could care less that it's been 4 weeks, the bmw rep was there, so he and the foreman took the car out and determined it is most likely brake related.. they assume it's from when the car sat at the port or whatever for an extended amount of time, it built up rust. I literally mentioned this when I turned it over to the service dept 4 weeks ago..

So it certainly seems that the initial tech simply diagnosed problem based off what I was verbally describing and didn't bother checking the most obvious thing first.

Supposedly, rust and warped rotors etc are not covered under warranty, but since I had been waiting 4 weeks to get an answer, they're gonna go ahead and cover it under warranty.

Needless to say, I got a new CA and dealing with the foreman directly. They're replacing all rotors and brakes this week. Should get Fri/Sat.
Appreciate the update. I took my mine over to the dealer yesterday and after 9 hours they told me they cannot perform any warranty claim work due to my car having spacers and a stud conversion kit. And that the foreman thinks it's related to the ABS. Will remove the studs and spacers and bring the car back, and will report back.
Appreciate 1