03-13-2024, 05:54 PM   #27
DailyDownshift
Battle Tactician
Canada
Rep
Drives: TR G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
My insurance premium jumped up 30 percent on my renewal for my 2024 M2 when renewal came up in January. I called my insurance company to ask them why the hell my rate would skyrocket if I had no accidents or tickets and they were unable to provide me with an answer. I then called Farmers insurance to get a quote and they quoted me $7000 to insure my M2 and 2018 grand Cherokee which was 3000 more than what progressive is now charging me. Then this morning on the news they were talking about how car makers are giving out driving data (speed, braking forces, miles per day etc…) and that people were getting crazy rate hikes.

Has anyone else’s insurance mysteriously shot up for no apparent reason? I’m talking big not normal rate hikes.

It’s definitely happening and I’m so angry that I didn’t turn all the privacy stuff on in idrive as soon as I got my car.
DUDE, My insurance jumped like crazy too!! An extra $60 a month, absolutely ridiculous. If this is true it's such an infringement of privacy..

Appreciate 0