03-14-2024, 11:14 AM   #38
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Well, I came across a similar discussion in a MINI forum and MINI privacy document has a clause that allows it to share driving data with among other entities insurance companies.

And one contributor reported his LexisNexis report contained pages of driving data.

I just checked a copy of my LexisNexis report and it contains no driving data.

More specifically for BMW owners...

Here's a paste from the Terms and Conditions BMW CarData:

1.3. The BMW CarData service allows BMW NA to offer its customers the option of easy access to Vehicle Data collected as part of their use of ConnectedDrive services and to release the Vehicle Data to third parties authorized by the customer.

1.4. Customers provide express direction to BMW NA to release Vehicle Data selected by the customer to third parties. Customers may modify their selection for data release or cancel the release of data at any time.

And...

[B]2. Description of BMW CarData

2.1 BMW CarData offers BMW NA customers the option of viewing their selected Vehicle Data and to release the data for transmission to third parties. For example, the data transmitted to third parties could include information about vehicle mileage or fuel level. A list of the available Vehicle Data can be found in the CarData elements glossary included your CarData Report download.

2.2 In order to use BMW CarData, an existing BMW ConnectedDrive subscriber agreement (“contract”) in accordance with the BMW ConnectedDrive Terms and Conditions is required, and the customer vehicle must be linked to that [...]
My understanding is a properly worn tin foil hat enables car and driver total invisibility from all external intrusion.

I heard that from a friend.
Appreciate 0