View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 01:29 PM   #42
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

FAQ's

What is BMW CarData?

BMW CarData enables you to regularly review which telematics data of your vehicle, such as the battery voltage or the date for brake fluid change, are stored and transmitted and at what time by BMW to third parties with your permission. BMW CarData makes it easy to permit third party access to your BMW telematics data or to remove permission, giving you the ability to control your telematics data.

What value does BMW CarData add?

With BMW CarData, customers always have an overview of the telematics data that their vehicle sends to BMW as part of BMW ConnectedDrive services and that is stored there. Customers can request a BMW CarData report at any time so they know what telematics data BMW has currently stored for their vehicle. BMW CarData provides third parties with the option of offering customers customized, personalized services based on their telematics data. Customers can benefit, for instance, from, an insurance policy with premiums based on your actual mileage. You will find further information on the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal https://www.bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive.com. Upon logging in to the portal, select "My account > BMW CarData".

What are the requirements to be able to use BMW CarData?

BMW CarData is available for all telematics-enabled BMW vehicles that are linked to an active BMW ConnectedDrive Account and that have a built-in and activated SIM card. Once your vehicle is connected to your BMW ConnectedDrive account, telematics data that is transferred to and stored on a BMW server is accessible through BMW CarData.

Who has access to this data?

With BMW CarData, customers always have an overview of the telematics data that their vehicle sends to BMW as part of BMW ConnectedDrive services and that is stored there. Customers can request a BMW CarData report at any time so they know what telematics data BMW has currently stored for their vehicle. Third parties can access selected telematics data in order to offer you personalized services - provided that you explicitly direct BMW to release this data to this third party. You alone decide to whom you entrust your data. The telematics data will not be forwarded to any third parties other than those to which you have directed BMW to send data.

For which BMW vehicles are BMW CarData services offered?

BMW CarData is available for all telematics-enabled BMW vehicles that are linked to an active BMW ConnectedDrive Account and that have a built-in and activated SIM card.

I want to use BMW CarData, but not BMW ConnectedDrive. Is this possible?

Unfortunately not, as BMW CarData is a service based on BMW ConnectedDrive. Using BMW CarData requires an active BMW ConnectedDrive contract. You do not need to add any additional BMW ConnectedDrive services to be able to use BMW CarData.

How is the telematics data generated?

A telematics-compatible BMW vehicle sends specific telematics data to BMW within a valid BMW ConnectedDrive account, subject to service use and availability. This data will be stored on a BMW server. BMW CarData offers BMW customers the option of seeing their currently stored data at any time. Third parties in turn can access specific telematics data with the customer's permission in order to develop and offer personalized services that previously were not available - provided that the customer has explicitly released this data for this third party. So the customer alone decides to whom to entrust their data. If you deactivate the mobile network connection for your vehicle, your subscribed services will no longer be available. Additionally, BMW Assist eCall will no longer be available (i.e., both Manual Emergency Call and Automatic Collision Notification).

There is active data access for my vehicle. What should I take into account when selling the vehicle?

When selling your vehicle, we recommend that you perform the "BMW CarData Reset" function on the CarData home page within the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal. Once logged in to the BMW ConnectedDrive portal, the BMW CarData home page is accessed via "My account > BMW CarData". From the home page of BMW CarData, scroll down to the bottom of page and select the function "Reset BMW CarData". Then, follow the prompts to reset BMW CarData. Please note: The reset might have consequences for your contractual relationship with the third party to which you have granted access to your telematics data. If you have questions, please contact the third party or parties before starting the reset.

How does the transfer of my data to third parties via BMW CarData work?

A telematics-compatible BMW vehicle sends specific telematics data to BMW within a valid BMW ConnectedDrive account, subject to service use and availability. This data will be stored on a BMW server. BMW CarData offers BMW customers the option of seeing their currently stored data at any time. Third parties in turn can access selected telematics data in order to offer you personalized services - provided that you explicitly direct BMW to release this data to this third party.

I have received a request for data access from a third party. How do I find out for which purpose my data are to be used?

To find out about a specific third party request for BMW CarData for your vehicle, utilize the "Manage access permissions" function on the BMW CarData home page within the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal. Once logged in to the BMW ConnectedDrive portal, the BMW CarData home page is accessed via "My account > BMW CarData". From the home page of BMW CarData, select the function "Manage access permissions". On the "Manage access permissions" page, click on the name of the "Data package" that is relevant to the data access request you received. Then, you can view details about the BMW CarData access requested by the third party and how they want to use your CarData elements. If you have any questions, consult the third party directly.
Appreciate 2
Mr. Hankey1084.00
ayilar17.50