View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 01:50 PM   #43
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsTootsMagoots View Post
I'm not sure what your point is? The claim I responded to alleged that EVs are the cause for higher insurance premiums for everyone. That's complete nonsense.

Did you even read your own link? They looked at one Kia model, and the EV had lower claim frequency under all applicable coverages. It's cost times frequency, while inexplicably, you all seem to focus solely on cost. In my own experience, a $60k+ 500 hp EV was about 33% cheaper to insure than a $60k+ 500 hp M2. If EVs were the cause of rate hikes, you'd expect rates to reflect that somewhat.

There are many reasons to not like EVs (after all, I went EV -> ICE). However, at least provide valid reasons. The blanket claim that "EVs are causing muh insurance to increase" is delusional.
I'll just say that the insurance companies could be doing whatever they want behind the scenes. This big green push is using all sorts of incentives to push people towards EVs. I wouldn't put it past them being told to collectively make EVs (and their insurance policies) more attractive to buyers/owners, and then spreading the real cost of EVs to the rest of the non-EV policy holders. Anything is possible. So unless you have factual evidence to the contrary, using blanket statements as fact, with no proof, is... silly.