Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticous View Post
Although 5.58% seems astronomical, there's much higher out there today... or maybe I am just too much of a glass half-full kinda person. Notwithstanding your specific dealer and given your experience, do you foreshadow BMW dealers offering to buy down interest rates if things get out of hand in the near future?

This makes me wonder about those who were recently offered HEA units and what rates were offered along with them. Please chime in if you're one of them and don't mind sharing with us
As far as I know you can always buy down your rate. The only time I have ever seen it done is when someone needs a zero percent loan for religious reasons. Otherwise I don't think it makes sense. You give the bank money right now so you don't have to give them as much money later. Just put more down and borrow less.

If someone wanted our HEA right now (or any car with an allocation) then we would pull credits and get them locked in at 5.58. If you don't want to get locked in now (or can't because you don't have an allocation like myself) then you are subject to whatever the rates are when your car or allocation gets here.
Appreciate 1
Vaticous134.00