03-26-2024, 07:46 AM   #14
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphM240i View Post
2023 M240i here with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season run flats.

My car has 8,000 miles and the rear tires are already worn down to the banding. I wouldn't say my driving is that extreme as it's basically used to go from my house to the grocery store with the occasional pull here and there. Traction control is always on so I'm not sliding or burning out.

I called a local tire shop to price a new set and they found it odd these tires went so quickly. I called BMW and they will be checking my car's alignment (it was in an accident last fall) to see if that may have contributed.

Anyone else have issues with these tires?

NOTE: I'm coming from an M2 Comp that got almost 25,000 miles on the stock summer tires (if that's any indication how I typically drive).
Alignment is critical for maximizing tire life. I learned this first with my Porsche cars.

And after an accident the alignment can be off.

Hit a mule deer with my Porsche 996 Turbo. Fortunately no suspension/steering hardware damage.

But after the car was repaired as part of the repair agreement I had with the body shop and dealer who recommended the body shop I had the car in for an alignment. It was aligned.

But in 8K miles the rear tires were shot. Very uneven tire wear with the inside tread surfaces worn down to the bands.

Had new tires fitted -- this at another dealer nearer to me -- and the car aligned again. Tech at this dealer used to work at the dealer where I had the car aligned before. He asked me which rack was used? I told him the one in the Porsche service department. Tech told me that rack was junk when he worked there. The better rack was the one next door in the M-B service department.

Tech aligned the Turbo. Tire life jumped to 20K miles. This was set after set of rear tires. (I put 150K miles on the car.)
Appreciate 1