03-15-2024, 08:45 AM   #47
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Starting back in around 2005/2006 I wrote software for automotive test equipment. These devices communicated with the car's electronics and stored data. The data could be downloaded via a computer connected to the device and software on the computer would format the data. Latter versions had a cell phone connection (and an embedded GPS device to record location) and sent the data to a cloud server and the user could view the data.

Also I modified the software to meet the requirements of several insurance companies that were running trials on trip logging and driving behavior — speeding and braking events among other things.

(And somewhere in that time I did a version for a government agency which wanted a device that could be plugged into the vehicle and in a few seconds determine if the car was emissions compliant.)

My employer was a bit early to this market.

As part of my job I attended a conference — ToolTech 2014 — held in Sonoma CA with the conference running several days at the Fairmont Inn there. The conference was attended by hundreds of people in the automotive industry. (The room had a seating capacity of over 400 and there were people standing.) The big topic was vehicle/driving data collection.

And this was not a recent event but rather around 10 years ago. April 28 to May 1 2014.

Later in 2014 my employer decided to leave this automotive test equipment business and focus on other products in the consumer space. But of course a number of other companies turned their focus to vehicle/driving data collection.

A change though in the [...]
I’ll tell my friend to contact you regarding the alleged expertise.
Appreciate 0