View Single Post
      02-10-2023, 08:23 AM   #92
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdemarco View Post
I’m looking at an m240i without Xdrive in the current market. Shocker nothings changed. I had a creative idea to lease that I thought made a ton of sense but please if anyone could chime in, would be greatly helpful

I’m a recent college grad, making good money for my lifestyle (100k gross) and still living at home until rates come down. After a couple years of saving. I’m thinking about treating myself but wanted to do it the most efficient way possible.

What if I am able to roughly $15,000 down on a 2.5 yr lease. Payments would roughly be $500/month. After 2.5 years my intent would be to buy the vehicle outright after the lease is up and sell the car or if the dealer can buy it back early, even better. (Residual Values in low 30’s?)

My thought process here is that if I only have to spend $30,000 in 2.5 years. I’m almost sure, assuming good condition that I can see the car for more than that. Am I on the right track? Or is this a horrible idea?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
You're a recent college grad, even at $100K I would just wait and buy used. Max out your 401K instead, you'll thank yourself in the long run.

I also would aim for 33% of your gross. If you're really a car guy, maybe stretch to 40%. So a decently loaded M240i xDrive after TTL is like $60K, so you'd need to make $150K minimum.

Americans need to stop buying way more car than they can afford.
Appreciate 2