View Single Post
      03-10-2023, 09:54 PM   #107
viperx100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Garage List
I was in Pittsburgh last month for a weekend getaway with my girl and as we were leaving the hotel, I was getting into my F-Type and there was a guy outside smoking a cigarette who gave me a compliment on how good the Jag looked, and we started chatting. He told me that he remembers back when he was younger, he had a chance to buy a 90s Jaguar XJ-S, but he never pulled the trigger because he hesitated, and he now deeply regretted that decision and often thinks about iT. I don't want to be that guy with similar regrets. I bought my 2018 Jaguar F-Type 400 Sport Coupe when I found out that a wheelchair fits in the hatch. I am in a manual wheelchair. The car was the furthest from practical but I always loved the design and never thought that it was an option because of the lack of backseats to put the wheelchair in. When I drove solo, I'd put the wheelchair between the glove box and the passenger seat and the wheels fit nicely on top of the hatch cover behind my head. If I drove with my best friend or my girl, they'd put the chair in the hatch and take it out for me. As far as I know, I am the only crazy person in a manual wheelchair who owned an F-Type. I owned it for a little more than a year and now traded it last month for a 2022 M240i (gonna be getting married this summer so I decided to go back to practicality and the market was heavily in my favor, and I sold it for more than what I bought it for a year ago). It was an awesome experience and I can now happily say that I owned one of my favorite cars (and it was a big F U to the wheelchair, haha).

Anyway, my rule for myself is that as long as I don't have to reduce my TSP (401K for the government) maximum monthly contribution, I buy things that I really want. This way I am responsible with my retirement and still get to enjoy the present with no regrets.
Attached Images

Appreciate 11
G42UPRA245.00
MPR1818.50
PP3121359.00
AWcoupe167.00
02M3ForMe4266.00
yanks1484.00