View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 12:55 PM   #48
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

TJZ67201 To clarify, did your parcel shelf work reduce some of the noise? I know you still have some "thump" going on, but what you added for padding/isolation, did it do any good at all?

For me, I have some hollow sounding noises over some bumps, and it sounds more like suspension or something under that car. That noise bothers me less. The one noise that does bother me is the plastic tapping noise over some bumps that unsettle the rear end (usually big frost heaves). It kind of sounds like if your passenger seatbelt hits the B pillar, but that's not the problem. Leaning my head back and listening to the rear makes it sound like it comes from the rear, likely C pillar or parcel shelf. I tried the pool noodle stuffing trick, but it made zero difference.

My yearly oil change will be due in 3 months. I don't know that I'm going to tear the rear apart before then, so I think I'll have the dealer look at it when I bring it in. This is knowing I have zero faith they'll fix it. If it ends up being unresolved by the dealer afterward, I may be motivated enough to take the rear apart piece by piece to isolate the issue. First the bolsters, then door card panels, then C pillars, then the parcel shelf. I'll probably load it up with felt tape and foam upon reinstallation.-
Appreciate 0