02-03-2024, 09:28 AM   #58
Haneef
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecoupe View Post
For me, noises are bothersome because I honestly expect better of the cars I buy. I get that they'll make noises after some time, but a few have acted up quite early on. I have been in a number of older vehicles that seem to make fewer extraneous noises, I'm rather disappointed that my 75K CAD car is MUCH worse than my wife's 40K CAD CX-30. Sure, I have a much better engine, trans and chassis, plus it's a coupe, but still, it shouldn't be worse than a car based on a base model worth less than 30K CAD. That is only one example.

Over the years, I have dumped my factory ordered 2015 Mustang, 2018 Stinger, and I got pretty fed up with my F22 M240i (2020) as well. The F22 held up the best though, I had a couple good quiet years before the A-pillar popping plagued it. I wouldn't have kept it due to the way it was going downhill, but I also traded in early for my G42 due to the market's ridiculous trade-in allowances.

I've narrowed down my OCD on rattles to either some type of brain problem, or the fact I've had new cars so long that have no "real" issues like engine troubles, so I'm just finding something wrong with it I guess.

Considering all the cars I've gotten rid of for noises, either this car smartens up and shuts up, or once the lease is done, I'm going back to used cars. At least then they have some miles and I won't expect them to be perfect. Also, that will get me out of perpetual car payments. It's that, or hypnotherapy. I've quite seriously been thinking about it...I have a problem...lol.

Back to the topic, when I bring mine in (in about 3 months), I'll [...]
Yeah I switched from a CX30 and yes that doesn’t have such a sound. But I feel like, the trade offs are worth it. I totally get that a brand new having it can be painful. I got a used that looks brand new for 45k (before tax). All options on (minus ZTK) with performance tires. And thundernight!! Lol. It’s been a hoot/blast driving this. I am also adjusted now with the sound. I mean it’s literally in every 2 series. I feel like folks who don’t report it are folks who don’t know what it sounds like. :/
Appreciate 1
TJZ67201843.50