View Single Post
      11-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #47
ihbase
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90, e91, f31, f87

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelf View Post
Uhh. You drove the xDrive version. I somehow suspected this as you mentioned traction in the wet ... but we all know, that the G platform has much better traction in RWD guise than F platform in RWD! Just look at the first G8x reviews, where testers assumed they were driving already the xDrive version, which they weren't.

So at least the front page title should be adapted! Otherwise it is a bit misleading?
There is an atmospheric river over this region right now. The roads are covered with water and leaves. No one is mistaking a RWD unit for an AWD unit this week. And on that morning in particular, in addition to the G42, I'd driven two other cars putting out over 400 ft-lbs of torque over a combination of 2 f-platforms, 2 g-platforms, and one e90.

It was not a "test" under some false set of idillic test conditions. It was merely a first impression on a morning with wet weather and imperfect road conditions typical of the PNW during this season.

Finally, I am not comparing RWD to AWD. I am merely relating that on that day and in those conditions, that G42 was very impressive - it provided more tactile feedback and, given the apparent direction of the overall product line, it was more of a driver's car than I expected.

My only observation relevant to the M2C is that, as someone who owns and appreciates an M2C, the G42 felt like a legitimate and capable platform on which to base the next M2.

I expect subsequent impressions of others to vary.

-Michael
Appreciate 2
EXE462101.50