View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #3
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynM2CS View Post
Hey gang. Like pretty much everyone on this forum, I've been waffling back and forth as to what my thoughts are on this car. I placed my order back in June of 2022, gave my deposit and clicked refresh on Bimmerpost.com every six hours hoping for updates to be leaked. When it was first finally officially introduced, I was devastated. I was leaning towards calling my dealer, asking for my deposit refund and relinquishing my #1 allocation spot for this car. That was probably three months ago. Luckily I waited it out, kept seeing more and more pics of the new M2 in the flesh. Yesterday I finally got to see one in person at the BMW Ultimate Driving Event in NJ. It was there for everyone to see and man did it attract a crowd. People were flocking to it, huddled around it.
So as a person who's very familiar with the outgoing F87 M2, being that I owned two M2 CS's over the last two years, I can honestly say I really like it. It just puts a smile on your face. Is it bulky, boxy, kinda haphazardly thrown together? Yes. Is it confusing, inconsistent and awkward? Sure. But when you see it in real life you can tell it is special. The bulges, the boxiness, the hood bump, it just kinda fits. Even the taillights with those weird vertical reflectors, you can tell this is a serious car. After seeing it yesterday, I can't wait to take delivery of this. Mine is at the port as many other's cars are. Within two weeks or so I hope to have it home. In conclusion, for those of you on the fence, wait it out. Not to mention I'm sure this thing is a monster on the road!
And now for the pics of course:
That's quite the turnaround. It definitely looks great in person and that side profile is to die for IMO.

Glad you kept your order and congrats!
Appreciate 0