01-22-2023, 10:55 AM   #83
Dinosoar
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M Sport

Garage List
2022 BMW 230i  [0.00]
I agree with both points...journalists over stating it (some without any foundation), and MT guys lament the loss of MTs.

Everyone knows MTs are going away. Everyone knows why. If I were an MT guy, I'd be upset; but I'm not, I just understand...

I cannot stand how heavy cars have gotten. I cannot stand that every sports car has to have a freaking moonroof and power heated seats (and more). Fact is, that's happening because most love moonroofs and a warm ass in the winter-time. I mean, how is that new M2 almost as heavy as an M4...whaaaat?

Cars are changing and definitely not for those of us who are particular about our cars. But I've relished in this fact. All four-wheeled vehicles experience the same physics. Hell, a school bus and a 911 will have the same physical forces acting on them and driving them near the limit is pretty much the same challenge...one's just faster. I can have as much fun in an M240, Camry, van, or my track car. So, that new pig of an M2 will be one fun car to drive hard. Learning THAT specific car will be fun and it all helps me get over that it isn't exactly what I want it to be (which is about a quarter-ton lighter!).

That song by Crosby, Stills, Nash..."Love The One You're With" always rings true for me. I don't know if this'll work for the MT guys in an AT car, but it works for me. Pick what's best for me, it won't be perfect, but I'll squeeze all the fun out of it anyway.
Appreciate 1
uk0168573.50