View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 06:23 PM   #1
salty8snax
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Xdrive Wagon

330i Transfer Case Problem

Hey this is my first post here since I can’t seem to find an answer after searching through a bunch of forums. I have a 2018 F31 Xdrive. I bought the car used at 50k miles. I noticed everytime I would put the car in drive or reverse there would be a vibration sound in the transmission/transfer case area.

I jacked the car up and checked the rubber mount on the transfer case which was very torn up so I know I already need to replace that. (Might as well do the engine mounts as well). Also saw some cracking on the flex plate so I’ll be replacing that as well. I had read on a lot of forums about the transfer case output flange wearing due to rotational vibrations and doing the loctite mod to prevent it. Now, all these forums I had read were on the diesel models. Should I replace the output flange with a new one and then loctite it on or will replacing it with a new one affect how the splines on the output shaft wear? Or did bmw fix fhe issue with the updated all rubber flex plate?

I haven’t pulled off the flange yet to inspect it for wear but if I see little to no wear i’m thinking of just reusing it and I’ll loctite it on. T case is the ATC 35L & date stamped on it is 7-20-2017

Am I being too paranoid about this issue being as it only affected older desiel models? Should I just swap the flex plate and t case mount? I know the both types of 4 cylinders have vibration issues so I just wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks!

Link to one of the threads regarding this issue. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1579087
Appreciate 0