Autobahn SoCal
Performance Driving Coach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
What was the condition of your exterior?

I took delivery yesterday and did a quick wash when I got home. Afterwards, I went over the car with a handheld swirl light, and continuing to recheck at various times of day / varying lighting conditions.

So far, I have only found a couple holograms from adhesive and a few small bits of adhesive on the paint and on the edge of one wheel.

There are a few random very superficial hairline scratches that 95% of people would never see / care about. I was able to almost fully remove a couple with only a microfiber and Menzerna 2500, so I am sure I will be able to quickly correct them with the RO polisher.

I have the M performance (non-Shadowline) trim and there are a good number of swirl marks and water spots in the piano black I will need to polish out.

I will be doing a full detail this weekend, spending as much of it as is necessary to get the finish to my obsessive level of satisfaction.
Most of that is actually done at the port and that's where you'll get scratches and swirls because they could care less. I made my dealership paint correct mine before I took delivery it was full of swirl marks.

https://www.youtube.com/autobahnsocal
Appreciate 0