View Single Post
      05-23-2022, 03:28 PM   #1
64badger
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Winter/Summer wheels & tires setup

I have a Thundernight Metallic, square setup with the 19" 791M wheels with all-season run-flat tire. I'm not in love with the look or the dynamics of the setup. I'm in Wisconsin and drive the car in the winter, so it slides around in the cold and drives poorly in the Summer. I run dedicated winter tires and wheels on my other cars and I want to do the same here but because of limited wheel options its not as easy to plug and play on the major sites.

In the summer I do back road driving on the weekends and a couple of trips to Road America for cruises on the track, nothing crazy. I'm looking at non-bmw wheels as I don't want to pay that premium. I also drive it through some snow in the winter so I don't want to lower the car.

What would be thoughts on the best options? Keep the current wheels and use them as winters with dedicated snow tires? Go to a staggered setup for summer with summer tires? Go to 20" instead of 19" for the summer? I'm not great at visualizing these things so thoughts on what colors go with the purple/shadowline package...would bronze be a good option?

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0