View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 10:34 AM   #26
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

I just had a chat with an aftersales manager at my local dealer ...on the phone for about 20 mins ,tbh I did not like his attitude ,he tried to poo poo the internet forums so I told him I did not like his tone .
he said he had worked for BMW for 6 years and had replaced numerous headlamps in that time and never had a single one back that had been done ,he also stated he had replaced 3 this year already ,only one of those was a 2 series. I mentioned that some people had up to 3 sets replaced and he said its not possible !! I asked why that was ....he said about the cost to that I replied if the issue is not fixed then people within the warranty period can keep requesting components until the issue is fixed ,,,,,,tbh he was a right **** .he then asked would you like to book the car in for the headlamps to be dried out to which I replied no thank you I have my own hairdryer than I can use .....if its not better when and if the warm weather gets here I will let the cocky manager replace them .
as you can probably gather this manger really pissed me off....he basically made out that everyone on the forums makes things up and he knew better and that headlamps in cars in other countries are different .blah blah blah ....i said yes the difference being is left and right hand drive
Appreciate 0