Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240I Thundernight Metall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb58 View Post
Ok so I've had an F87 Comp for a few days here in Germany and I can immediately tell you I like that car more.

Dislikes about the 240i : brake pedal is entirely too mushy but I already had SS Brake lines waiting to try and fix that issue.

the car does feel extremely heavy when turning and it falls flat on its face at about 130mph because of its weight. The G8X chassis manage the weight better imo I've also driven the G80 Comp & G82 Comp.

I dislike the intelligent safety system. Having a car counter steer for you is very unsettling for me. This is probably just a G chassis problem in general

I can give you a ton more feedback June 2nd. I will be doing 3 Touristenfahrten days at the end of this month.

The F87 Comp is more raw, energetic, begs to be driven and needs to be tamed which for me is apart of the entire driving experience.

I got this 240 because it aligned more with my budget this was my second choice over the F87 comp but I would've had to give the dealership and extra 10k to get the monthly payment I was comfortable with.

Overall , I feel like if somehow the G42 can go on a diet and loose 3-400lbs it would be a more enjoyable car. My car shipping weight was 3827lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel.
Excellent feedback, thanks. I’m looking forward to hearing more about your experience in June. I believe the M2 will address most of your complaints with the M240i, but as far as the weight I don’t think that’ll change. These cars are heavy af.
I 100% agree with you. My APR is so low I will be in positive equity in 3/4 months so I'm keeping my options open to trade. I'm waiting on Team Schirmer to reveal that Blue G8X they are working on so I can see what they are doing with the rear brakes and weight management. I will most likely pop by their shop when I'm there.
Bumpinjeep5560.50
Tag18227.50