Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Hmm… Interesting when you consider that all the press prototypes have these seats instead.. You figure they put their best seat forward went dealing with the press..
One thing we are all forgetting, BMW M informed the automotive press not to pay much attention to the cosmetic side of the G87 because this was solely about the drive, performance, and handling.
I get the spin you are attempt to spun but that statement from BMW is extremely vague and could mean anything..

I am pretty sure this is what the standard M2 seats is and will be, until the Comp, CS or LCI, unless someone could provide evidence to the contrary.

BMW are not going to spend resources makes many versions of seats for an artificially low production vehicle like the M2. You either get the standard "free" seats we are disputing or you step your game up and opt for their $3,800 Carbon Buckets. That's all they are offering..
As much as I don't want to beleive it, I'm betting you're right. BMW has to keep this at a certain price point and the bean counters want a certain profit. The US has always been shafted when it comes to seats so I can see this being another example of that.

It makes me wonder if I should just hold out until a comp model comes out, if it even will, or just to wait until the lci. But we don't even know which versions of this car will get a manual so it's all up in the air until the official unveiling. I guess I'll just be patient until then.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9107.50