View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 03:52 PM   #28
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerM View Post
Just got my car back after having the Eibachs removed and Bilstein EVO SE coilovers installed. The shop confirmed that three of the struts were completely blown - both fronts and one rear. He said BMW now uses Monroe as their supplier and that may be part of the problem as he agreed blown struts on Eibach/H&R springs in the past hasn't been an issue. He wasn't surprised though. Maybe I just got unlucky (struts blew after only 2k miles on the Eibachs and less than 20k miles on the car), but just a word of caution as I had to learn the hard way and now have a set of Eibach ProKit springs I need to unload. Good luck to all and enjoy the weekend!
Good to know. I've had it in the back of my mind that I would need to go coilovers in the future. Hopefully I will at least get a year or so out of the current setup before the ride goes to sh1t.

And your new drop looks perfect . Have you had a chance to do any spirited driving yet ?

Do you have a link to your coilovers ? I entered my car into the product search on Bilsteins site , and it said no products available.

And by the way , you should have no trouble letting those spring go for a couple hundred shipped , i would imagine
Appreciate 0