View Single Post
      03-19-2023, 05:14 PM   #22
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
I don't know if we were watching the same video but I got the impression there is no competition or CS in the immediate timeline as mentioned by the engineers.

Had a long trip today so actually had time to watch the video from watching the video and hearing them explain why no plans for competition or xDrive or no 360 or why using cast Wheels instead of forged wheels and they're dancing around with questions like colors available it seems to be there clearly positioning this car as an entry level M series and keeping costs down as much as possible to make it affordable for entry. They're basically saying if you want more then step up to an M3 or M4.

For many that's the perfect package and all the car that they need at the right price point. I think all the reviews will reflect that message BMW is trying to pass of a fun little car with a manual transmission you can't get with any of the other models.

Funny about the explanation of why they decided to go with cast Wheels over forged but how much are the optional carbon seats?
What I don't understand is why they're being cagey answering some questions. I know BMW makes them hold back because they think saying anything about future plans might spook everyone into holding off. Nonsense I say, no matter how many people decide to wait for different colors, an M2C, M2CS, M2CSL etc. there won't be any shortage of people ready to buy this car today. If anything, all they're doing is giving their competitors space to come with their own offerings ahead of anything they plan to do and potentially getting those sales.
Appreciate 0