Zaxer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHen View Post
Is the Corvette a sports car?

Yes.

In the Corvette, the screens are separate and the dash is integrated into the design and "not" a bolt-on afterthought that can also be used on SUVs or any other Chevy model. The layout is “unique” to the Corvette making it feel unique and "special" to Corvette owners.

Chevy/GM could have put a Malibu 2-screen dash layout in the Corvette to save money. How special would a Corvette owner feel if his Corvette had the exact same dash layout as in a Chevy Malibu?

Also, in 3 out of the 4 custom modes shown, a “large”, “dial-like gage” is shone “right in the center”, right where it should be. It appears to be a tachometer or speedometer depending on what mode is selected. From what is shone, only in track mode does the dial gage disappear and is replaced with large numbers.

I'll take the Corvette's, integrated, 2-screen, dash layout and configurable dial-like gages over BMW's ID8 any day.

Bob
Considering the 2-series in BMW's "entry" line (at least in NA), there should be some expectation to cost cutting. I suppose M4 owners may have a gripe, or if this were to make it's way into the 8-series...but considering the c8 is "the" halo car for Chevrolet, everything should be special about it.
Appreciate 2
KJ10498.50