View Single Post
      04-24-2022, 09:19 AM   #60
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgriss View Post
I took mine to the dealer. In fact I recently spoke with one of the techs that worked on it who mentioned the noise went away when they swapped out a shock from another vehicle. This led them to isolate the problem. He said there was quite a bit of back and forth with corporate about the issue. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem with the new shock - though it did improve for a time.

It's just speculation, but I think it has something to do with an internal component of the right rear shock related to the adaptive suspension. Though I'm not sure what is different with the right rear shock from the left rear.

I will say, however, that there is a black 1 1/2" pipe that is tucked into the right rear wheel well. I haven't traced it to see what it is or where it goes. If it was not properly secured, I could see it causing a similar sound- especially because it is only present in the right rear.

Weren't people in one the X3? forums complaining of a similar issue in the right front?

I'm living with mine for now- especially having already addressed it once and hearing that it is not unique to my car. I'm going to wait it out for a while until hopefully BMW figures out what it is.
Good info, thanks. I will have my m240 in probably 2 weeks, hope it doesn’t make this noise, but if it does I can get it up and look around at things.

Frustrating to deal with crap like this on new cars, especially at this price point.
Appreciate 0