View Single Post
      01-30-2024, 05:55 PM   #30
tagoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Sensatec is extremely durable. Some people may want leather - it's great that we have options. But, sensatec is really good. I had it in a 2005 e46 and it still looked almost new after 19 years and 170K miles. I also had MBTex (Mercedes equivalent) in a car and it was awesome. Leather in the low end BMWs stretches and wrinkles pretty badly in my opinion. All leather is not equal. The leather in my 16K mile dodge viper is stretched and wrinkled, like a lot of low end BMWs. The leather in my wife's 30K mile 2017 FF range rover has incredible leather. Very thick and still looks still looks like new.

I built my M240i with sensatec. I would have chosen it even if it was the same price as leather. Heck, I may have even paid a couple hundred more to get it over leather, but that's just me.

Also, when you order sensatec, the seats still have side bolsters. However, the bolsters are not adjustable. The sensatec also has some sort of perforations in the material but may be different that what leather has - not sure.

Last edited by tagoo; 01-30-2024 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 3