07-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #418
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
I’ve read every post in this thread. I know it’s 2021 and people like to complain about everything, but wow people are on fire!

Main complaints in this thread:

Triangles – get a new bumper or IND will likely have an aftermarket solution. (Or you can black out the triangles yourself.) Half of the people on here would do that no matter what the OEM bumper looked like. Let’s keep in mind that the font end of the F87 is a bit of a mess too.
Taillights – Yes, I’m not a huge fan of them either, but they aren’t that bad and you can always get an aftermarket solution. Blacking out the white parts of the taillights already makes a vast improvement in the look.
Weight – Yep, cars weigh more than they did in the previous generation. It’s a little heavier than most people would expect, but how often do people really notice this when driving? Only at the track?
No Manual– Welcome to economics 101.
No Coronas – As others have noted, this is a nod to the 2002.

Pros:

It’s an ICE
It is/will be available in RWD
The B58 motor is fantastic
The price is almost unchanged from the F22
Interior and Tech is good / good enough
LSD is standard
Hof Kink is present
Wide wheel arches

I’m curious what other car people would get if you want a small coupe.

Audi? They don’t make a car in this class. (A/S5 competes with the 4. TT is really small)
Mercedes? They don’t either. (C-Class coupe competes with the 4. )
Porsche? They’re a lot more $$.
Miata or BRZ? Sure, but you’ll have to compromise on the lower power to weight ratio.
Infinity Q60? Non Red Sport models you’ll have less power than the M240 and if you choose to go with a Red Sport you’re spending and extra ~$10k

My point is that the pros outweigh the cons. Every car is going to have things that people like and dislike about them. Would we rather have BMW have 6 LCI iterations of the e46? Sometimes change is good, even when people are resistant.
Poochie9107.50
pyrat15194.50
CCM11285374.00
am3r1ka1413.00
EXE462104.50
JustChris17604.00