12-04-2023, 05:21 PM   #8
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecoupe View Post
For anyone tackling this, those metal V-shaped clips like the one at the bottom of the C pillar photo (4th photo), those can be little jerks. I took off the A pillar cover probably about 8 times in my F22 trying to fix a noise and that clip was my nemesis.

The issue was that the pillar (in the F22) was god-awful to line up when reinstalling. If you feel the need to hammer on the panel with your fist to get that clip installed, DO NOT DO IT. Take a moment, re-adjust the panel, and when it lines up it should just pop in fairly easily. I my Hulk moment, I hammered on the panel with the palm of my hand and then heard the clip fall all the way down to who-knows-where. I was sick to my stomach. Also, pulling off that panel 8 or times eventually caused the clip holder on the pillar cover to break. You'll only get so many chances with this one, it does take a decent amount of force to unclip it from the body. Those white plastic clips as shown in other pictures, those come from the body mounting holes much easier.
Oof, good point. I did have to “hammer” mine back in with the palm of my hand but fortunately it did not fall into the abyss.
Appreciate 0